A Year to Remember
2019 was an historic year for Neighborhood Sun, and on the evening of January 22nd we and about 50 of our charter members gathered in Catonsville to review and celebrate our successes as well as set our sights on the goals for the year ahead.
To summarize our highlights thru December 31, 2019 Neighborhood Sun:
- Enrolled over 2,100 Maryland households in community solar projects
- Started generating electricity at 3 of our 4 projects – 4,900,000 kWh of electricity so far
- Saved our customers over $50,000
- Offset nearly 4 million pounds of coal energy – in only 6 months of production
- Has more than doubled our annual revenue while increasing expenses by only 28%
- Has partnered with more than 50 local organizations and donated more than $50,000 to them
But we aren’t satisfied, and we are looking to the future. 2020 is going to be another banner year for Neighborhood Sun and it is already off to a great start:
- We have contracted with a new developer, Standard Solar, and now have 4 new projects slated to be constructed, subscribed and generating power by year’s end
- We are developing a more user-friendly platform so that the sign-up process is seamless and subscribers have easier access to their accounts
- We are breaking into new states, starting with the East Coast
- We are becoming a retail electric supplier
- We have a strategy to raise $1.5 million through large and small investors to continue our expansion – for anyone who wishes to know more about this opportunity to get in “on the ground floor” please reach out to us at [email protected] for more details, or follow our Wefunder page for more updates at https://wefunder.com/neighborhood.sun
We wish to extend a warm thank you to all of you who were able to attend and are looking forward with great anticipation to our annual meeting next year when the news and impacts will be even greater.